Collagen Induction Therapy is a fabulous anti-aging and rejuvenating treatment for treating wrinkles, age spots, scarring and hyper-pigmentation on the face, neck, chest, hands.This procedure causes a cascade of collagen production. The production of new collagen and elastin induces a younger, healthier, plumper and firmer skin, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars and better tone, texture. It gives an overall radiance to the skin.
• Improves skin tone and texture
• Improves wrinkles and fine lines
• Skin tightening
• Improves appearance of acne and stretchmarks
• Diminished skin discoloration
• Decreases appearance of large pores
Is this Treatment Right for Me?
Collagen Induction Therapy can be performed on all skin colors and types, and is often preferred over laser treatments as there is no risk of burning and damage to the epidermis. This technique can be done on sensitive areas around the eyes, mouth, hands and chest. This treatment is customizable, to address your specific skin type and needs. Treatments are recommended in a series,one every three to four weeks for anti-aging and rejuvenation, every four to six weeks for scar treatment.
Who Should Not Get This Treatment?
This treatment is not suitable for you if you:
• Have active bacterial or fungal infection
• Have a history of keloid scars
• Have used Accutane (isotretinoin) within the last year
• Have open wounds, cuts or abrasions on the skin
• Have Immunologic diseases, such as scleroderma, or collagen vascular diseases
• Are on immune suppressive therapy and/or cancer related therapy/medication
• Have history of bleeding disorder or are receiving treatment with blood thinners
• Are, or could be, pregnant or are nursing
• Diabetic or patients with wound—healing deficiencies.
Is There Any Downtime? Is It Painful?
A topical numbing cream is applied for 20 – 30 minutes prior to treatment. It is completely painless.
After the procedure, the skin will look as though you have a mild sunburn (red and flushed). You may also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the treated area. Total healing time depends on the depth of the treatment and the individual skin’s repair process. On average, patients are pink for two to four days. Some patients heal completely in 24 hours.
What Should I Expect After My Treatment?
Most people notice a glow and radiant skin right after treatment. The natural repair process of the skin continues to progress over the course of several weeks. Collagen remodeling takes place over time and it will continue to improve for up to 6 months after treatment.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
Multiple treatments may be necessary every three to four weeks. If the goals are skin rejuvenation and improvement of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, three to six treatments are recommended. Individuals with mature and/or aging skin may require a minimum of six treatments. After your initial treatment series, maintenance is recommended every two to six months. A program will be designed specifically for you, and your skin care goals.